Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Being a Joseph

Hey y'all! I know it's been quite some time since we've posted. Life has really kept us busy lately, and thank the Lord for it! As much as I would love to throw out new ideas and discoveries on here every day, I'm just so appreciative of the opportunities the Lord has given to both Sam and I. He has kept our lives occupied with jobs, school, helping others, and our service for Him. The Lord is so gracious. 

That being said, I don't have an outfit post for today BUT, I do want to take this time that I have to talk about some things that have been on my heart lately. 

I had a bible study with a dear friend of mine the other day and when it was all said and done I asked him "who in the bible do you want to model your life after?" Of course Christ. But there are so many people in the bible who have admirable attributes, ones that we can strive for. For instance, I want to trust the Lord like Rebekah did when she left everything she had known to be wed to Isaac. I want the unconditional love that Paul had for the Lord and the people. He was stoned in Lystra, only to return with a fire to preach again. Mary Magdalene was committed to the Lord and gave everything she had when she gave her box of ointment. The three Hebrew children knew their fate was the fiery furnace, and they told the king that even if the Lord did not save them from it, they still would not bow to a false God. There are so many inspiring people in the bible, and the fact that they are like you and me makes them even more inspirational. 

My favorite though is Joseph. His family despised him from his youth, he only had one person to lean on, which was his father. He spent his life in bondage and surrounded by people who he did not truly know. He had no family. No friends.No wealth. No way home. Nothing of his own. He was tempted, misunderstood, and he was unaware of how the Lord was using his life behind the scenes. Yes, we see how the story ended, but Joseph had no clue what was going on!! Yet, he was faithful. He could have built up hatred in his heart, he could have pitied himself, and he could have taken advantage of temptation, but he still walked with God. Everyone he came in contact with he blessed. He blessed the king, the land prospered, and his family benefited. I want to have the humility that Joseph had, and the relationship that he had with the Lord that kept him going all those years. I want to bless others no matter how they wrong me. I want that same forgiving spirit, and every day it is my own cross I have to carry that gets me closer to being a Mary, or a Paul, or in this case a Joseph. 

Reading about the lives of these people make me want to strive so much harder, so that some day others can look at me and say "I want to be a Lacey." The Lord has used these servants to teach us how to be a servant as well. How amazing is it that every day he is using us in the same way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment