Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ole Trusty



Winter weather is moving in at my house, unfortunately. I'm simply not ready, but it's getting closer without my consent. If I had things my way it would be fall all year long and I could wear ole trusty every day! This jean jacket has been very good to this gal, but the weather is getting too cold for it, so I figured I'd wear my favorite statement piece one last time today. 

Today had no specific celebration, only a day spent in cleaning, running errands, and spending time with my family. BUT, that's celebration enough, right? So, first thing I thought when I woke up this morning was, "I'm going to wear my pajamas ALL DAY!" But, considering I do that almost every Saturday, I figured it would do me some good to put actual effort into my appearance. This outfit was nothing difficult to put together since my jean jacket has been a go-to for months now. The lace dress was an inexpensive buy about a year ago. It has some extra material sewn onto the bottom since it started off a little too short for my liking. I'm a "cover up those knees" girl. Better safe than sorry! I paired it with some black leggings (since I'm too poor and unconcerned to buy another color).


The boots are...are you ready?...FROM WALMART! I know, it was unreal since most clothing items I buy from Walmart doesn't prove to be well made. This buy made me so happy. A lot of girls are shoe shoppers and shoe lovers. I neither like wearing shoes, nor do I like shopping for them. SO, these boots will last me forever. Okay, probably not...but here's to hoping. 
Although I like my trusty jacket my favorite part of the whole outfit has to be the scarf. 

I knew in this weather it may not bother me to still sport my fall wear, but I should at least look like I'm trying to dress warm. This folks, is what I call my "table cloth" scarf, because it literally reminds me of a really dramatic table cloth. Thanks to it, this girl didn't die of frost bite or hypothermia today. Okay, I exaggerate a little bit sometimes...

Well, here is my outfit. It's time to go put away my ole trusty. I hope it's warm where you guys are!

Lacey (;

No comments:

Post a Comment